Tuesday 9 September 2014

A Great Testimonial........

We had a fantastic email today from a member who just wanted to let us know how much Connect has meant to him in his first year with us. It really is brilliant to hear how much we help people out through everything we do at the box and really reaffirms why we do this job.....Over to you Kev......

Kev at the completion of his Intro Course at Connect one year ago today (first on the left)

"Ok I'll try keep this short as possible but here goes. On this day last year I did my first intro course after wanting to try CrossFit for a while, it was fun and nearly killed me! We learned some tech and CrossFit was explained by David Draper and Holly Gehlcken and this was followed by a WOD (workout of the day) of: 3 RFT (rounds for time) of 400m run, 12 x 12kg kettle bell swings and 12 box jumps which I completed in 9 mins 46 secs. I believe this is why we are always told to write stuff down so you can go back and see if you've improved."

"I then completed my intro and after 8 sessions was ready to join the big boys (and girls). I signed up to do the 30 day paleo challenge and was training 3 days a week. After 1 month I was a stone lighter and felt great. I was now hooked on CrossFit and couldn't wait for each session to come. A few months went by and every thing was going great. Then shortly after Xmas things went downhill for me in my private life and I more or less hit rock bottom. I was depressed and CrossFit was the last thing on my mind as I had lost all interest in it."

"I stopped training, took time off work and didn't know what to do with myself. Then one day (about 3 weeks later) I got a text from Dave asking if everything was ok as he hadn't seen or heard from me. I told him I had some issues so he offered to freeze my membership but also said that a workout would prob do me some good and to come for a chat. I went to see him and we had a really good chat about everything and I thought 'right', time to sort myself out."

"I've been there week after week since and still enjoy every minute of it. I just want to say a massive thanks to David as if he didn't care about his members than I certainly wouldn't of come back. Let's face it how many gym goers actually know the guy who owns it. I want to thank all the other coaches for pushing me when I've needed it cause sometimes I do need a push. CrossFit is now a big part of my life and I've met some great people and made new friends. Long may it continue. Thanks for reading" 



Kev at a recent In-house Friday Night Throwdown at the box. Contemplating his next move!

It is a pleasure to help our members through the tougher times and we realise that life isnt all plain sailing. With the support you get through friendships made at the box it really can be life changing (although i hate using those words because it sounds so cheesy!).

If you would like more info on what we do or would like a free taster session with us drop us an email or give us a call using the details to the right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment